Bạn đang xem bản rút gọn của tài liệu. Xem và tải ngay bản đầy đủ của tài liệu tại đây (84.34 KB, 4 trang )
I. Choose the suitable words or phrases to fill in the blanks (3ms)
1. Cool the burns immediately so as to. . . tissue damage.
2. Milk bottles can be. . . after being cleaned
C. thrown away
3. The old lamp. . . in china is five dollars
4. Millions of Christmas cards. . . every year
A. were sent
B. are sent
D. is sending
5. He had his father. . . his watch
C. to fix
6. He asked me. . . a driving license
A. if I have
B. whether I have
C. if I had
D. whether I have had
Đáp án: 1 - C; 2 - A; 3 - D; 4 - B; 5 - D; 6 - C
Christmas is the biggest. . . (1) of the year in the most of Britain.
Celebrations start on 24 December, Christmas eve,. . . (2) there have been
several weeks of. . . (3) before hand. The Christmas trees, presents, food,
drinks and decorations have been. . . (4). Christmas cards have already been
sent to friends and. . . (5). About a week before Christmas, people usually. . .
. . . (6) up their decorations and an angel on the. . . (7) of the
Christmas tree. Family presents. . . (8) usually put under the tree.
1 - holiday; 2 - although; 3 - preparations; 4 - bought
5 - relatives; 6 - put; 7 - top; 8 - are
III. Read the passage choose true (T) or false (F)
London is Britain' s biggest city. It is a very old city and dates back to the Romans. It is a
city of historic building and churches, and it has many beautiful parks. It also has some of
the best museum in the world. London is very crowded in summer. It is a popular city with
foreign tourists and has more than eight million visitors a year. The city is famous for its
shopping and department stores. London has an excellent underground railway system, so it
is easy for tourists to get around.
1. None of the cities in Britain is bigger than London.
2. London is founded by the Romans.
3. London has historic buildings and churches.
4. Most of the best museum in the world are situated in London.
5. London is not busy in summer.
Đáp án: 1 - T; 2 - F; 3 - T; 4 - F; 5 - F; 6 - F
IV. Complete the second sentence so that it has the same meaning to the first (2ms)
1. People speak English over the world.
English. . . .
2. Do you mind if I take a photo
Would you mind. . . .