Bạn đang xem bản rút gọn của tài liệu. Xem và tải ngay bản đầy đủ của tài liệu tại đây (223.96 KB, 3 trang )
SỞ GD&ĐT HỊA BÌNH
TRƯỜNG THPT CHUYÊN
HOÀNG VĂN THỤ
KỲ THI HỌC SINH GIỎI TRẠI HÈ HÙNG VƯƠNG
LẦN THỨ IX
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH LỚP 10
Ngày thi: 02 tháng 08 năm 2013
Thời gian: 180 phút (Không kể thời gian giao đề)
PART I. LISTENING
Section 1: Listen to the conversation and supply the blank with missing information. Write ONE
WORD OR NUMBER for each answer. You will hear this piece twice. (5 pts)
1. 18 2. statement 3. £125 4. 28 5.telephone
Section 2: You will hear a radio interview with the manager of a summer activity course. For
each question, choose the correct answer. You will hear this piece twice. (5pts)
6. B 7. B 8. A 9.B 10.C
PART II. PHONETICS
Choose one word whose stress is different from that of the others. (2.5 pts)
1.A 2.C 3.B 4. D 5. A
PART III. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
Question 1. Choose the correct answer that best fits each blank. (10 pts)
1.D 2. B 3.A 4.B 5.C
6.A 7.D 8.A 9.C 10.B
Question 2: Identify and correct 10 mistakes in the following passage. (5 pts)
Line Mistake Correction Line Mistake Correction
2 1. on over 9 6. increasing decreasing/falling
3 2. view sight 9 7. with to
5 3. is are 10 8. and with
6 4. prosper prosperity 11 9. upstair upstairs
7 5. the a 12 10. concerning to relating/related or
Question 3. Fill in the blank with a correct preposition or particle. (2.5 pts)
1. in 2. down 3. away 4. out 5. on
Question 4: Supply the correct word forms. (10 pts)
1.incomparable 2. defame 3. outbreak 4. Brevity 5. laborious
6. Deforestation 7. periodically 8. mystified 9. unrecognizable 10. unpolluted
Question 5: Fill in each blank with ONE appropriate word. (10 points)
PART IV: READING
Question 1: Read the text and decide which answer A, B, C or D best fits each blank. (10 pts)
1. A 2. B 3. D 4. C 5. A
6. A 7. B 8. C 9. D 10. A
Question 2: Read the following passage and choose the correct answer A, B, C, or D (10 pts)
1. D 2. C 3. B 4. C 5. A
6. C 7. A 8. D 9. B 10.A
PART V: WRITING
Question 1: Complete the second sentence so that it has the similar meaning to the first sentence.
1. I have no intention of giving you more money.
2. So worn out after his day in the field was my father that he was sound asleep in his chair.
4. He couldn't have taken the money by accident/chance.
5. I’d prefer you not to phone me at work.
Question 2: Complete the second sentence using the word given, so that it has a similar meaning
to the first sentence. (5pts)
1. We had expected Pedro to get promoted. (SURPRISE)
Pedro’s promotion came as no surprise to us.
2. It’s not necessary for you to promise – I know I can trust you. (WORD)
You don’t need to/have to give me your word – I know I can trust you.
3. The Prime Minister resigned because of his sudden illness. ( RESULTED)
1. language 2. on/upon 3.at 4.that 5.from
- The Prime Minister’s sudden illness resulted in his resignation.
- The Prime Minister’s resignation resulted from his sudden illness.
4. The final version of the plan was quite different from the initial draft. (RESEMBLANCE)
- The final version of the plan bore/had no/little resemblance to the initial draft.
- The final version didn’t bear any resemblance to the initial draft.
5. The police arrived as the thieves were committing the crime. (RED-HANDED)
The police caught the thieves red-handed.
Question 3: Write a paragraph (120 – 150 words) on the following topic. (20 pts)
Computers are becoming incresingly popular in education. Therefore, there will be soon no role for
teachers in the classroom. Do you agree with this statement? Give reasons and examples to justify your
Accuracy (4 points): No more than 3 errors in spelling, capitalization, or punctuation.
Range of vocabulary (4 points): Relatively wide, no word is repeated more than twice, occasional
errors of word choice or usage, but very few or none that obscure meaning.
Range of structures (4 points): Great variety of grammatical forms: range of indicative verb forms;
use of subjunctive; complex sentence structures; compound sentences and subordinate clauses