Bạn đang xem bản rút gọn của tài liệu. Xem và tải ngay bản đầy đủ của tài liệu tại đây (244.24 KB, 2 trang )
SỞ GIÁO DỤC - ĐÀO TẠO
MÔN: TIẾNG ANH
NĂM HỌC 2016 - 2017
A. GRAMMAR - VOCABULARY - LANGUAGE FUNCTIONS
I. Choose the word, phrase or expression that best completes each sentence below (3.0 points).
1. “If I _________ an opportunity to study in New Zealand, I would be very happy,” Mai said.
A. had B. have C. will have D. have had
2. Mrs. Thomson asked her son where _________ the next day.
A. will he go B. he will go C. he would go D. would he go
3. “It is rather hot here. Could you please _________ the fans, Trang?” the teacher said with a smile.
A. take after B. turn off C. take over D. turn on
4. _________Saturday afternoons, the Smiths usually invite their neighbors round for tea in the garden.
A. At B. To C. On D. In
5. Mrs. Johnson put salt into the bowl of sugar by mistake,_________?
A. doesn’t she B. did she C. didn’t she D. isn’t she
6. I wish I _________ a bird. If so, I would fly around the world.
A. were B. am C. have been D. will be
7. “Honey, the weather is very bad today. You should drive _________,” Henry said to his wife.
A. careful B. carefully C. careless D. carelessly
8. The boy _________ at the party last night was very friendly.
A. he spoke to Lily B. spoke to Lily C. to who Lily spoke D. to whom Lily spoke
9. _________ the exercise was easy, Little John could do it in a short time.
A. Therefore B. Even though C. However D. Because
10. Tony: “Mum, I’ve got the highest score in the musical contest.” Mrs. Brown: “_________”
11. The _________ of Mount Pinatubo, a volcano, in the Philippines in 1991 killed hundreds of people.
A. shift B. eruption C. explosion D. collapse
12. Last year, about 2,500 cars _________ in this factory.
A. were made B. were making C. was made D. made
13. Quang: “Shall we go out for some coffee tonight?” Minh: “_________.”
A. That’s right. I am B. Don’t mention it C. Yes, we are D. That’s a good idea
14. “It’s expensive to go there by taxi. I suggest _________ a bus,” the monitor said.
A. to take B. taking C. to taking D. for taking
15. Man: “Excuse me! Do you mind me sitting here?” Woman: “_________.”
A. No, thanks B. Yes, I’d love to C. No, of course not D. That’s very kind of you
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase in each sentence below that needs correcting (1.0 point).
16. They enjoy watching the news on TV because it is very information.
A B C D
17. The book whose I bought last week was written by Charles Dickens.
A B C D
18. Although it was raining hard, but some farmers went on working in the field.
A B C D
19. During her childhood, Jenny was fond of listening to music, dancing, and read books.
A B C D
20. If we are free this afternoon, we would visit the Statue of Liberty.
A B C D
I. Read the passage below and decide which option A, B, C or D best fits each space (1.0 point).
Christmas is the biggest festival of the year (21) _________ Britain. Before Christmas, people send
Christmas (22) _________ to their family and friends showing traditional Christmas symbols such as Santa
Claus, angels, holly and snowmen. Shops are decorated for the festival from September and in the weeks
before Christmas people do their Christmas (23) _________, buying Christmas presents for friends and family.
A few days before Christmas, families decorate a Christmas tree, a fir tree (24) _________ with lights and
colorful decorations, in their home. Many people go to church on Christmas Eve. Young children believe that
Santa Claus will bring them presents during the night and they usually wake up to find a stocking, a long sock
filled with small presents, by (25) _________ bed.
21. A. at B. in C. on D. from
22. A. books B. magazines C. cards D. letters
23. A. shopping B. washing C. cleaning D. gardening
24. A. celebrated B. wrapped C. covered D. shared
25. A. his B. her C. our D. their
II. Read the passage and answer the questions that follow (2.0 points).
London, the capital of England and the United Kingdom, is located on the River Thames. It is one of the
largest cities in Europe with a population of over eight million. London is divided into four parts: the City,
Westminster, the West End, and the East End.
The City is small in area but it is the commercial heart of London. Many banks and offices are situated
there. St. Paul’s Cathedral in the City is very large and beautiful. It was designed in the late 17th century by Sir
Christopher Wren, one of the most famous English architects, and was completed in 1710. If the City is called
the commercial heart of London, Westminster is the center of the administration. We can see the Houses of
Parliament there. The West End with the best and most expensive clubs, restaurants and theaters, beautiful
houses and parks is the place where rich people live. Working people live in the East End, where there are no
parks or gardens and no fine houses.
26. What is the population of London?
27. How many parts is London divided into?
28. By whom was St. Paul’s Cathedral designed?
29. In which part of London can we see the Houses of Parliament?
30. Do rich people live in the East End?
I. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means the same as the sentence printed
31. It is a pity that I can’t come to your birthday party tonight.
I wish ………...……….
32. “I live with my family in this city,” the girl said.
The girl said ……….
33. Nobody has watered the trees since last Friday.
The trees ………..………..………..………..
34. Jack spent two hours painting the windows yesterday.
35. Jane doesn’t know Tim’s phone number, so she can’t call him.
II. Write a paragraph of about 100 - 120 words on how to save energy at home (2.0 points).
=== THE END ===