Bạn đang xem bản rút gọn của tài liệu. Xem và tải ngay bản đầy đủ của tài liệu tại đây (3.79 MB, 15 trang )
Orchid Whale Elephant
- endangered /in`deindᶾᵊ(r)d/(adj): bị đe dọa
- extinct /ik`stiɳkt/ (adj): tuyệt chủng
- destruction /dis'trʌkʃn/ (n): sự phá hủy
- rare /reə/ (adj): quý hiếm
Task 1:Match a word in A with its definition in B:
1. extinction a. the existence of a large number of
different kinds of animals and plants
which make a balanced environmet.
2. habitat b. the act of preventing something from
being lost, wasted, damaged or destroyed.
3. biodiversity c. a situation in which a plant, an animal,
a way of life, etc.stops existing
4. conversation d. the natural environment in which a
1. The number of species around the
globe threatened will extinction is
A. 7,200 B. 8,300
4. The developemnt of wildlife
habitat reserves helps____________.
A. save a large number of endangered
B. make a list of endangered species.
C. enact laws to protect wildlife.
A. Endangered Species and Conservation
B. Endangered Species and their Benefits.
C. The Global Extinction Crisis.
Task 3: Find evidence in the passage to support
1. Pollution is one of the main causes of species extinction.
2. Species diversity has provided humanswith so many
3. Laws have been enacted to protect endangered species.
The primary causes of species
extinction are: - Habitat destruction,
- Commercial exploitation and
Humans depend on species diversity to have
food, clean air and water, and fertile soil for agriculture
III. After you read: Work in groups of 4
to find out all of the causes of species
extinction mentioned in the passage
- Habitat destruction
- Commercial exploitation
- The drainage of wetlands