English 10 unit 04 for a better community lesson 6 writing ok
WELCOME TO OUR CLASS
Kinds of letters Thanking
Job application Recommendation
Our topic today: + Write a letter of job application
from an advertisment
UNIT 4: FOR A BETTER COMMUNITY LESSON 6: WRITING
* Read the job advertisement of Happy Mind Centre.
Activity 1: * Read
the job advertisement of Happy Mind Centre and make the mind-map
25 Bao Ha street, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
* Activity 1: Read the letter. Why did Quan write it? (page 43)
He wanted to apply for volunteer teaching
Activity 2 Read the letter and answer the questions. 1. How did Quan find out about the job? 2. Who did Quan teach last summer? 3. How long did he teach them? 4. How does Quan describe himself? 5. How many references can Quan give? 6. When can Quan start teaching?
1. How did Quan find out about the job? He saw the advertisement in the Youth Newspaper on February 22nd. 2. Who did Quan teach last summer? He taught a group of primary students in his area. 3. How long did he teach them? He taught them for two months.
4. How does Quan describe himself? He is creative, patient, and has great love for children. 5. How many references can Quan give? He can give four references 6. When can Quan start teaching? He can start teaching from next month.
Activity 3:Match each paragraph in the letter with its purpose. Paragraph 1 Paragraph 2 Paragraph 3 Paragraph 4
a. Saying you are available for an interview and when you could start work. b. Mentioning the job you are applying for and where you saw advert. c. Telling why you are right for the job mentioning your personal experiences and responsibilities. d. Listing your personal qualities and offering to send references.
A brief form of a letter of job application. Name and Address of sender Date Address of receiver
1. Greeting, 2. Introduction 3. Body 4. Conclusion 5. Closing
Outline of a letter Sender’s address Receiver’s address Dear Sir, / Dear Madam, I am writing to apply for ........................ I saw the advertisement in ................... I have worked as a .......... for ................. I have experience ……………. I think I meet all qualifications that you specify. I am creative,................. I can send you … references …… I would be available for interview at any time. I can start working/ teaching…… I look forward to .................. soon. Yours faithfully, / Sincerely, Signature / Name
- Finish your letter -Write a formal letter applying for the job – (enclosed) - Do exercise in the workbook - Prepare for the next lesson 7: Communication and Culture 2.