• * Warm up: List some kind of music that you know.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16TH, 2018
I. BEFORE YOU LISTEN
* VOCABULARY 1.- Inspirational (adj): trữ tình 2.Patriotism (n): lòng yêu nước 3.Inspire (v): truyền cảm hứng 4.Composer (n): nhà soạn nhạc 5.Charity (n): tính nhân đạo, lòng yêu thương
• Task 1: Do you know these artists?
• What are their names? • 1. Trinh Cong Son 2. Luu Huu Phuoc • 3. Michael Jackson 4. Elton John
II. WHILE YOU LISTEN
II. While-listening * Task 2: Listen to the following song excerpt. And answer the following questions. 1. What is the name of the song? The name of the song is Tien Quan Ca. 2. Who is the composer? Van Cao is the composer. 3. What did you think about while you were listening to the song? I thought about the Vietnamese people’s patriotism. 4. How did you feel while you were listening to the song?
I felt happy and proud of my country.
* Task 3: Listen to the conversation between Anna and Nam. What are the speakers talking about? Circle the best answer.
A. Vietnamese composer B. Michael Jackson C. Favourite songs D. American teenagers
* Task 4: Listen to the recording again. And answer the following questions 1. What song is Nam listening to? “ I have a Dream” by ABBA 2. What is his favourite kind of music? Inspirational songs 3. How do Nam’s favourite songs affect him? His favourite songs inspire him, and he can learn lessons from them. 4. What is Anna’s favourite kind of song? Rap or Hip-hop
III. AFTER YOU LISTEN
• Task 5: Work with a partner. Tell him/ her about your favourite music. Give reasons. You can use the following questions. 1. What kind of music do you like? 2. Why do you like it? 3. What is your favourite singer? 4. What is your favourite musician? 5. When do you often listen to music? 6. How do you feel when you listen to music?
Homework - Learn the vocabulary by heart at home. - Talk about a kind of music that you enjoy listening to. - Prepare the writing lesson.