English 8 unit 01 leisure activities lesson 7 looking back project
Choose the best answer. 1. They liked __________ together when they were kids. A. hanging B. playingC. doing 2. I fancy _____ out with friends at the weekend. A. Playing B. eating C. doing 3. ____ DIY brings you a lot of amazing benefits. A. Eating B. Playing C. Doing 4. My family often get together to __________ board games after dinner. A. Play B. do C. go 5. If you want to enjoy the outdoors, __________ mountain biking. A. Hang B. go C. do
1. Which one is the odd one out?
1. a comedy, a movie, DIY, a thriller 2. emailing, hanging out, blogging, surfing the net 3. cinema, museum, hospital, community centre 4. love, fancy, like, enjoy, detest 5. good, boring, exciting, relaxing 6. ☺, <3, computer, how r u?
2. Rearrange the letters to find the name of the activities.
3. Fill the gaps with the correct form of the verbs. working with young children. 1. She adores _________ (work) learning/to learn English with the 2. She likes _______________ new teacher. (learn) see their son texting his 3. They hate seeing/to
____________ friends all day. (see) doing homework. (do) 4. He doesn’t mind ________ meeting him last week in the library. 5. I enjoyed ________ (meet) play outdoor games. (play) 6. We prefer playing/to ____________
4. Complete the following sentences with your own ideas.
1. My best friend doesn’t mind _______________ _______________________________________. helping me with my homework. 2. Do you fancy playing ___________________________? football / eating out…
3. My father used to hate ____________________, cooking / washing up… but now he likes doing it. 4. I love playing piano / listening to music … ___________________________________.
making crafts/ doing DIY…
4. Complete the following sentences with your own ideas. Your turn!
1. My best friend doesn’t mind _______________ _______________________________________. 2. Do you fancy ___________________________? 3. My father used to hate ____________________, but now he likes doing it. 4. I love ___________________________________.
In short Secondly Firstly 5. Read this paragraph from Because In addition Thirdly by CEOP, the UK Ifwww.thinkuknow.co.uk government helps protect children When you gameagency online, that be careful when you ‘make from harm online and What offlineshould in the you UK and friends’ with strangers. do? internationally. Choose the easy most suitable (1)_________, remember that it’s to lie online words/ phrases to fill the gaps. and some of these ‘online friends’ may be adults who want to harm you. (2)_________, never give your personal information such as your full name or your hometown. (3)__________, only play online games when you have updated antivirus software. (4)____________, tell your parents what games you’re playing and what you love about them. (5) __________, just like in the real world, you need to be careful when playing with strangers.
6. Choose from the leisure activities in this unit: • one activity you think is fun
• one activity you think is boring • one activity you think is exciting • one activity you think is good for physical health • one activity you think is good for mental health Explain why you think so. Then exchange your ideas with a partner
One activity you think is fun A: For me, watching movies is really fun. I can watch any movie I want. I really like humourous movie, the content is funny and real. I like Vietnamese film more. The actors and actresses play very well. It is really great to watch movie with friends and eat popcorn. We usually stay at home to watch movies or go to the cinema. B: I think socialising and communicating with friends and family is fun. By taking part in any group activity, you could use your free time usefully and connect with other people. You can also make more friends, and share your life with family members.
One activity you think is boring: A: I think making crafts is so boring because I’m not a kind of patient person, and it takes too much time. How about you? B: I think doing DIY is really boring because I’m not a kind of creative and patient person. It’s also very tiring too. One activity you think is exciting: Visiting the cultural places, such as museums, libraries... you can get more knowledge about culture and history. It is relaxing too.
Some more ideas • One activity you think is good for physical health: Doing team sports, such as beach volleyball, dancing or just simply walking. It helps you improve your physical health comprehensively (speed, ability, strength,..), avoid getting bad diseases. • One activity you think is good for mental health: Relaxing. We all need relaxing time after working or studying hard. It’s the best solution to get back to your busy life with full energy. There are many ways of relaxing: listening to music, reading
In a small group decide on a leisure activity that you would like to organise. It could be a team sport, or a craft-making activity. Plan a poster advertising your activity. Include the following on your poster: Explain the activity and include some pictures. Explain why this activity is fun/ exciting/ interesting. Give information about the meeting time and place. Tell classmates what they should bring to do the activity. Use the poster to present the activity to the rest of the class. See how many classmates will sign up to your activity.
• We will hold a marathon activity to participate in a charity fundraising on Sunday, 25th July. • The activity is a team sport with many students from 2 schools A and B. • So we will need about 30 runners, in general, gathering in A's school yard that day. • They must run 2 grounds of school yard, about 1000 meters in total to finish their running. • The runner who gets to the final destination first will receive the golden trophy. • And the money collected in this marathon activity will send to the charity fundraising. • Hope you will join the marathon and it will be fun.
- Review all the new words again. +
- Review the grammar point: Gerund. - Choose one of the topics above, then do the project. - Prepare for : Unit 2 – Getting started Listen and read