NHỮNG CÂU TRẮC NGHIỆM KHÓ (Tài liệu livestream 8h30 tối thứ 7 ngày 3/2/2018) Compiled by Mrs Trang Anh Facebook: Mrstranganh87
LESSON 6 Exercise 1: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions. 1. “How was your exam?” “A couple of questions were tricky, but on the __________it was pretty easy.” A. spot
2.If you practise regularly, you can learn this language skill in a short __________ of time. A. period
3. Students can __________ a lot of information just by taking an active part in class. A. concern
4.A few years ago, a fire_____________much of an overcrowded part of the city. A. battled
5.I have learned a lot about the value of labour from my_____________ A. credit
6.Although he tried to hide it, it was ________
D. pot plants
that Peter didn’t like his birthday
present. A. foolish
7. Environmental groups try to stop farmers from using harmful___________ A. economy
8. If you______________ A. concentrate
too much on study, you will get tired and stressed.
9. Good health and good methods of study are very necessary, or ___________ in college.
on their crops.
10. In order to_______________
their goals in college, students need to invest the maximum
amount of time, money, and energy in their studies. A. manage
11. Parents have great hopes or great __________when they send their children to school. A. wishes
12.No one ever takes any notices of what I say. They never pay__________ A. reply
13. She has changed so much that I didn’t____________ A. admit
D. support her right away.
14. After graduation, she found_____________ B. workplace
to what I say.
with a local finance company.
15. Education in Britain has improved since the government started a programme of Educational______________ . A. reform
16. The group leader wanted that everyone worked together; she asked for everyone’s __________. A. combination
17. With hard work and study, you can __________the goals you set for yourself. A. establish
18. David never wastes his time; he tries to improve himself at every______________. A. technique
19. All students in the school are free to___________ C. join
any youth club they wish.
has always been to become a movie director. He wants very much to
achieve it. A. direction
21. All the negative violence on television has had a negative_________ on children. A. damage
22. My mother __________ her services for an environmental group. She helps raise money to protect wildlife. A. stimulate
23. Students can __________ a lot of information just by attending class and taking good notes of the lectures. A. absorb
24. Some people___________
that you can learn more by travelling to a place than by
reading about it. They say firmly that it is true. A. require
25.Electric cars are better for the environment. _________ , they can save money on gas. A. In brief
B. In conclusion
C. In contrast
D. In addition
26. Overpopulation tends to create conditions which may result in__________
of food in
developing countries. A. supplies
27. Because of the intensive farming, it’s now hard to find certain wild birds in the region. Actually, they have become______________birds. A. unknown
28.While some areas are suffering from___________
, others are experiencing heavy rains
and floods. A. the weather
B. the climate
29.It will certainly enhance your____________
of reading when you are aware of very slight
differences in the writer’s expression. A. condition
30. A nurse must be____________ to the patients’ needs; she must understand what they need, and be helpful and kind to them. A. sensitive
31. The area has an_____________ of wildlife; there are lots of animals, birds, fish, and insects living there. A. abundance
32. You should read this novel. It has been __________ A. deeply
recommended by all the critics.
33. True learning does not_______________
in gathering facts from the teachers; it requires
active assimilation of knowledge. A. achieve
34. There should be a law against______________ . A. violent family
B. fights for households
C. violent domestics
D. domestic violence
35. The documentary was so __________ that many viewers cried. A. moody
of patience, no one can beat Martha.
A. In front
B. In spite
C. In terms
37.The manager of the hotel always puts a __________
on the service quality.
B. great stress
38.Human carelessness has been_______________ damaging marine life. A. warned against
B. said to
D. accused of
39.During the flood, many local people ran out of food and starved to_______________ . A. dying
40.The saying that “Misfortunes never come_________”
D. dead means that many problems
can happen at the same time. A. soon
B. at once
41. In fairy tales, bad witches often try to cast a spell on the _______________. A. innocent
42. The assistant manager is going to present a complete report on the ______________ situation of the company. A. funded
43. The environmental impact of tourism can be shocking and upsetting, but many governments think it is_______________
44. In the recent decades, greater cultural___________ A. contact
has been encouraged by tourism.
45. The majority of people agree that modern drugs are the most effective way to cure a(n)________________. A. treatment
46. The government should take________________ to reduce the current high unemployment rate. A. solutions
47. Janet has to travel a lot in her new job. She is on the_____________ A. field
all the time.
48. Many companies now advertise their new products by distributing free __________ in public places. A. deals
49. While there has been a significant________________ in the sales figures, there has been no corresponding profit growth because of increased production costs. A. addition
50.There can be no doubt that recent statements____________